From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:08:31 -0500
On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Damron, Mike (KYTC) wrote:

> A couple of months ago I developed a sort of tightness in my chest and
> shortness of breath.  It makes deep breathing difficult and gets downright
> painful with exertion.  My doctor has found nothing wrong, EKG and chest
> X-ray are normal.  I went to a cardiologist for a stress echo and it was
> also normal.  My doctor has put me on Prilosec for acid reflux (always been
> a problem) and even Prozac (apparently chest pain is a common symptom of
> depressed males).  Nothing helped.

You should tell us more about your version of Neanderthin.  Is it
ketogenic or near-ketogenic?

I have a suspicion that your problem could be electrolyte
depletion.  There are studies showing that ketogenic diets cause
depletion of sodium, potassium, and magnesium.  This can cause
varied symptoms, including heart rate disturbances, muscle cramps
and weakness.  Your symptoms sound like weakness in the muscles
of the diaphragm and possibly spasms in other muscles in the
chest area.  You might try supplementing with these minerals for
a while and see what happens.

Todd Moody