From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:02:10 -0500
Good luck on your experiment. Are you trying to lose excess bodyfat or just
 improve your general health?

In a message dated 1/17/2012 2:51:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

1) I've  been experimenting of late -- as I am wont to do.  I've never
been a coffee drinker, so I am a virgin laboratory in that sense.   I
started with good, whole bean, single source coffee.  The  result has
been interesting.  Dry cough, itchy, almost rashlike  skin, and
something I'd never before even experienced: gastric  reflux.  Add bad
sleep to that and it's been an outright  disaster.

2) Man, Dr. Eades sure has been blogging like crazy  lately.  Make sure
to get over and read his blog posts.   They're invaluable.

3) Speaking of Dr. Eades, I just bought the  following book from
Amazon: _The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate  Living_ by Volek and
Phinney.  It was highly, highly  recommended by Eades -- he said it was
much better than the book he  and Mary Dan wrote.  Can't wait to crack
it open.  (Some  of you may remember that Phinney is the guy who
created the study  that showed that exercise does NOT require dietary
carbohydrate).

4) I am starting a zero carb, limited protein  (100g/day), unlimited
fat experiment today.  In addition to  eggs and bacon for breakfast,
I'll consume a pound of grassfed  burger daily.  I'll also be eating a
romaine lettuce and lemon  juice salad just for a little taste variety
(and to make my wife  feel better that I'm getting at least some
greens).  Will try  and let you know how that  goes.

Cheers.

Jim