From:
Joseph Berne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2009 13:45:04 -0400
Eating digestive enzymes may be great (to aid in digestion), but any other
enzymes are unlikely to make it through the gut undigested (and hence
denatured) and into the blood.  How many digestive enzymes do you really
think you'll find in raw meat?  If there were such enzymes in the flesh of
an animal wouldn't they break down the animal's muscle tissue during life?

The list of enzymes in wikipedia sounds great, but taking almost any of them
(any but the ones that are active in the stomach) should be no more
beneficial than taking an equivalent amount of any other protein.  Taking
great pains to "preserve" such enzymes in food just so that they can be
digested in the gut seems like a waste of energy.

--
Visit my Training blog:
http://karateconditioning.supersized.org