From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:07:55 -0800
Hi paleofriends, regards to Amadeus Schmidt. Amadeus, I hope you keep
mending yourself and make a complete recovery quickly.

I got suddenly sick Friday night. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were a
blur. I could do nothing but lay in bed. I was feverish. Tuesday I felt
a bit better, bad night, Wednesday a bit better, then got a fever again
etc.

Question: what do y'all suggest I do? I will of course go to a doctor if
I think I am developing pneumonia etc., but I have drank a lot of fluids
and carbed up with a few dates and fruit along with broth and some
limited protein (I have had no appetite). I am talking about this: does
it help to let the fever run its course? In your experience (not a
medical opinion, just experience) does it slow down recovery to take
aspirin? I have felt so very awful, this is the sickest I've felt in my
whole life. I assume it's flu based on aches, pains, and fever.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--Richard (Tarzana)