From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:52:22 -0500
If you want to know for sure that you are in Ketosis, you should use the
Bayer test Strips. They are sold in most drug stores for about $13.00..
However, you can order them online for only $7.99 at the following url:

http://ageless.com/atkins.htm

I am also new to Paleo Diet. Been on it 12 days now.

Bob Martin

At 10:38 AM 11/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I am a relatively new practitioner of the paleolithic diet with a few
>questions.
>Shortly after eliminating breakfast cereals and bread from my diet, my head
got
>foggy and I noticed a fruity taste in my mouth that reminded me of something
>I've experienced when a fever breaks.  I'm assuming this is ketosis.
>
>Is ketosis commonly experienced when one adopts a paleolithic diet, or should
>I be making a greater effort to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my
>diet?  If ketosis is a common feature of a paleolithic diet, does one adapt to
>it?  This foggy feeling and difficulty concentrating is getting old.
>
>Also, I'm an avid strength trainer.  I had always believed that carbohydrates
>were the preferred fuel source during intense exercise.  If I'm in ketosis,
I'd