From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:37:20 +0200
Per conto di Kristina Carlton

>Wow, only 4 hours to dry? I thought in order for it to still be considered
>"raw" it had to be dehydrated at 105 degrees or less. I dehydrated mine at
>95-100 degrees I believe and it took at least a day - maybe longer. It's
>been a while since I made it. I believe I started out with roughly 3 lbs of
>meat and ended up with about 11 oz jerky. I added 11 oz fat and I could
have
>eaten that in one day easily.

Well, my dehydrator is pretty basic, it only has the on\off button... I
can't adjust the temp. so it may be too high, I'm not sure.
Anyway I use super thin "carpaccio" meat, which is sliced like ham so to be
eaten raw. It dries really quick even if you leave it in direct sunlight.

Pemmican might really be the "perfect" food, but still to make it in
sufficient quantities is too labour intensive.