From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 01:08:38 ADT
> I have a question:  I've seen lamb at the local stores (although I
> suspect that they're not "herded" or anything) but I have no idea
> how to prepare it.  Do you grill it like a steak, bake it, broil it?
>  What's everybody's favorite way?  I've had some people tell me that
> it's not so good, but I suspect that they just haven't prepared it
> correctly.

I cook lamb steaks the way I would cook beef steaks, except
heavier on the garlic.  Braised lamb shanks are very yummy, and lamb
stew is delish.  If you have a rotisserie, use it for a whole or
boneless leg of lamb, or roast in the oven.

Folks who prefer chicken and fish over beef often don't like lamb.
Lamb is a fairly strong-flavored meat, and some people think it
tastes gamey.  I like it, though.  It gives the taste buds a nice
change from other meats.

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (the weather is beginning to get chilly:  only -7
today)