Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:43:44 -0400
Charlotte, I've definitely experienced a 3-day 'wall', too.  It's easy
enough to get over.  Yes, first week is eh.  Then you feel better.  Oddly,
I've hit a 3rd week wall, way back when, also.  I think about the 3rd day
your body is realizing things are different and it's like a kid who gives
that last really big dramatic finish to his hissyfit to get the cookie.  I
totally agree that you can't know the smooth sailing feeling, until you get
well past the first month.  I think my week 3 wall was more mental, whereas
the 3 day was physical.   After a couple of weeks the novelty has worn off
and you start thinking about and missing some things.  That lessens, too,
don't worry.  After awhile you get this great feeling of peace inside.  It's
both mental and physical.   In my case, it took longer to really start to
know the full aspects.  Really after 6 months I got in my final groove, I
guess you could say.   Don't know why.  Maybe because I was so f-d up from a
lifetime of SAD that my gut and system were damaged and had to start slowly
healing before I could absorb and totally benefit?  But it's a great
feeling, once you get going.  I never truly believed I could stay on a
'diet'.   This is the one thing that took away cravings and allowed me to.
 Not to mention a host of healing and wellness benefits.
Stay the course, and you won't regret it :-)

best,
Ro