From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:56:31 -0700
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:42:50 -0400 Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Bob Hogden wrote:
> <snip>
> In public places we see countless people our age who are morbidly
> obese,
> arthritic, or visibly in poor health.  > Here is the strangest thing. I
can explain the paleo principals to
> biochemist or a physician with some scientific training and
> understanding,
> and he or she has to agree with the theory, the fact that starch
> turns into
> sugar, etc.
>
> But then, cognitive dissonance takes over and it is as though I
> never said
> anything.

Yes, I agree, I was telling my old Endo about it,  he says,  *oh yes, a
reducing diet, well don't stay on it for too long*  My new Endo, of the
last 8 months) encourages it!  He is on what he calls the Bible diet.
Has been for 15 years.  Its the same as Neanderthin, just a different
name.  The only difference is he adds unleavened bread once a day.  I am
like Bob, I have given away 2 copies of Neanderthin, the book just sits
on their shelf.   I did however talk my friend into just giving up bread
for 5 days.  Her stomach bloat went away and she didn't look pregnant
anymore.  She is still convinced she needs bread to sustain life.  LOL

Trish
Who is warming up for soccer season, again, I will be coaching 3 teams.
Give me strength!!!