From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:59:59 -0700

> But isn't this just the same as saying that palaeo eating should
> be modified, compromised, weakened, made more comfortable
> and generally neutered to suit 21st century lifestyle preferences?

Hi guys. Thought I'd weigh in on this since it seemed so appropriate.

One of the reasons I have not posted anything for quite awhile is because of that damnable 21st century lifestyle (we'd really all like to avoid). I deal with so much email and daily/constant interruptions that I really don't have the time to do much more than just "skim" these digests. And post replies... well, that's nearly impossible.

My point? Just as it has become difficult to find time for these normal daily activities, I find it difficult to pursue the paleo eating style. Don't get me wrong - I still try to adhere to it 100%. But, if I drop to 80% I try not to fret it (I believe such stress can be just as damaging as poor food choices).

For instance, I had a lunch meeting the other day with some clients (who actually paid for it :). The restaurant chosen was Mexican -- talk about the epitome of neolithic. So, I asked questions about the ingrediants and chose something that seemed least harmful. Yes, it had cheese - which I cheerfully consumed - but I was able to avoid the refried beans and rice without too much difficulty. All in all, I felt pretty good about the experience.

I believe paeloman (and woman) would have been nothing if not flexible.