From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:59:35 -0800
Geoff,
The Inuit mastered and applied, thousands of years earlier, concepts of
heat transfer and conservation that the rest of Humanity failed to grasp
until early in the Twentieth Century. Yet you don't think that is even
approximately equivalent to the invention of writing?

I understand what you said in your last post. You were dismissing
William's assertions and asking others to ignore him. In the process of
doing that, you elevated the achievements of the Sumarians and Egyptians
and denigrated those of the Inuit. Yet you fail to grasp the simple
concept that such denigrations are inaccurate and highly offensive.
Mastery of the science behind constructing the pyramids and the
undertaking and completion of such a massive project is impressive. The
pyramids are gargantuan undertakings that involved considerable
scientific insight. Yet achievements on a similar scale were wrought by
small groups of men paddling kayaks. They devised the means of floating,
navigation, hunting, killing, retrieving, and butchering whales the size
of houses.

Similarly, Sumarians (as far as we currently know) invented the first
form of written language by making three cornered impressions in mud.
This, you imply, is an achievement superior to the Inuit mastery of the
elements such that they lived a lifestyle that V. Stefansson
characterized as leisurely and tropical during the coldest winter months
in the high arctic.

Yes, writing and pyramid construction involved venerable insights and
were impressive achievements. Inuit insights and achievements are
equally venerable and impressive. Yet you persist in justifying your
denigration of Inuit culture.
Your comments continue to be offensive. They are based on misinformed
stereotypes. Instead of writing justifications for your insults, why
don't you just apologize?

Sincerely,
Ron Hoggan