From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:04:25 +1000
Hi Liz,

I'm not surprised your hubby hasn't heard of it.!! Most Brits haven't
either

It's one of those quaint colloquialisms. The UK is strange in that you
have
an accent and sayings in one area but if you go 20 miles away, it's a
totally different accent.

The netty is a North East word. The accent in that area is called the
Geordie accent and it is quite a strong accent with all sorts of
strange
descriptive words and it's own dialect.

Some strong accents in England can't be understood by people in other
areas.
It's like we all have a different language.

I've recently bought some cycling shorts made by "Netti" so I've got
"Netti"
written over my bum which also makes me smile each time I put them
on!!!

Al