From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:46:27 -0500
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:45 Wally Day wrote:

>> I should add that I see the preference for chocolate+fat+sugar+milk
>> mixes as one of the best illustrations of the
>> instincto dietary principle
>> that you should eat each food separately
>
>Careful there, Keith. Because, if there's one group within the "Paleo
>community" who exhibit addictive behaviors, it is the instinctos.

I was not advocating instincto eating. But they do have a lesson for people who eat too much or
for those who say they can't leve without food X or food Y.

>>It must be processed, diluted and mixed with other
>>products of industrial agriculture before it is generally appealing.
>
>According to John K. Williams - one of the field researchers in this area -
>we have not been eating "paleo" for longer than most on this list would
>surmise. So, unless we are eating a 100% raw hunted and gathered diet, we
>are eating foods that have at least "some" processing to make them
>palatable/edible. I would suggest, therefore, that - with the exception of
>industrial agricultural - many "acceptable" foods fit within the context of
>your sentence.

Thanks, Wally, that was exactly my point, and why I diverted into a discussion
of the oestrogen mimics in plastics in which we buy, wrap and store our food.
There are hundreds of other examples. No, thousands.

Another of my pets is nuts. I eat only nuts that I have cracked from the shell.
Preferably in season, too. (Walnut season here in three months!)

True paleo is tough going, not just in terms of the basic ingredients, but also in
terms of living among others who eat SAD or whatever.

Keith