From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:40:27 -0500
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:26:30 -0500, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:06:03 -0400, Robert Kesterson
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Medical science
>> used to consider bloodletting and amputations as good treatments.
>
> Still does. It's called phlebotomy, and is standard treatment for iron
> overload.

Good point.   (Supposedly that's the only way your body sheds excess iron
is by blood loss.)

>>  If your body needs to move some things out of storage (be it bone,
>> fat, muscle, or whatever), it will replenish that storage the next time
>> nutrients are available.
>
> True, but we live in a relatively horrendously nutrient-poor
> environment. They were rich.

Possibly.  But we can get much better nutrients if we choose good foods.
I don't put much stock in the USRDA, either, but I always greatly exceeed
it just by eating good foods every day.  I'm usually short on vitamin D,
but sunlight and fresh air works wonders for both your vitamin D and your
general disposition.  :)

--
   Robert Kesterson