From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:25:39 -0700
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:07:49 -0400, Philip Thrift
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Then, you are not understanding the difference between "God of the gaps"
>and
>>"Intelligent Design".
>>
>>To quote from the book "Intelligent Design" by William Dembski:
>>
>>" Thus if design presupposes 'miraculous additions', then design cannot be
>>proper subject for scientific investigation.  But - and this is the crucial
>>point - as soon as it is realized that design and miracles are separate
>issues
>>that are not logically connected, the question of design in biology
>immediately
>>revives. "
>
>What is the natural mechanism of Intelligent Design?

What is the natural mechanism of designing a BMW 320i ?

>Science (Latin scientia, from scire,"to know"), term used to denote systematized knowledge in any field, but
applied usually to the organization of objectively verifiable sense
experience. The pursuit of knowledge in this
context is known as pure science, to distinguish it from applied
science, which is the search for practical uses of
scientific knowledge, and from technology, through which applications
are realized.

>The Encarta® 99 Desk Encyclopedia Copyright © & ? 1998 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I don't see "natural" there....

(Of course, I would be open to the possibility that it is a widespread
popular
myth than science does not necessarily mean the study of natural
mechanisms. :-)
)

--
Cheers,