From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:33:48 -0600
>1. Human's teeth are not shaped like those of true carnivores or even some
>omnivores (like the bear) and therefore imply that we are from a vegetarian
>origin. Why doesn't the paleo diet reflect our ancestry?

Curious; what do you consider our ancestry?  It's very well documented that
our forebearers ate meat-'n-veggies for about 2.7 million years.

>2. The human colon is more similar to other vegetarian animals' colons -
>ie;
>long.

Actually, our digestive system is almost identical to that of the dog, true
meat eaters.  Cows can live on grass but only because they have four
stomachs.

>3. What is exactly wrong with grains?

The list is very long, indeed.  Heart disease, diabetes, obesity, MS, polio,
rheumatoid arthritis; none of these existed until grains entered the human
diet and cannot be found among hunter-gatherers (there ARE a few still out
there).  I'm sure others will be able to give great citation of my
statements.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO