From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 18:33:06 -0400
I'll see if I can find the article that I read recently about the many more people that get E.coli from vegetables than meat.  When's the last time you cooked a salad?  If it's
more prominent from eating vegetables, it doesn't matter how much you cook your meat.  Agriculture is BIG business.  It's much easier to scapegoat meat than a salad.  There were
one hundred fifty some odd people in Chicago that got E.coli from lettuce recently.  It didn't get very much press.  But when a few people get it from a hamburger chain it's big
news.

Just my $.02
    Bill