From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 18:54:30 ADT
Grant Magnuson wrote:

> We have another loin roast (two for one sale) and are going to try
> wrapping it in foil to help retain some moisture, we're guessing
> that might work?

Grant,

I don't know anything about a pop-up timer for pork, but if you don't
have a regular meat thermometer, I suggest investing in one.  I love
pork roast, and here's how I do it:

Peel several cloves of fresh garlic.  Poke holes in the pork roast
(evenly distributed around the roast) with a sharp knife.  After
poking a hole, stick a garlic clove into it deep enough that you
cannot see the clove.  Put the roast in an open, shallow pan and put
in a 325F oven until the oven thermometer is just short of 160
degrees.  (You can check a meat cookery chart in any cookbook for a
ballpark figure.) Take roast out of oven, let rest 5-10 minutes,
slice and devour.  The roast will be nice and juicy, with great
flavor.  I used to try other spices, but I like just garlic cloves
the best.

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (18 days to solstice, and counting  :-)