From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:46:21 -0700
At 09:19 AM 04/29/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Mary wrote:

>> do you think the bacteria that grow are helping your health?
>
>Bacteria are everywhere. I feel that are bodies are supposed to be in
>balance with their environment and that bacteria are part of it. To try
>an artificially control bacteria probably does more harm to our bodies
>internal balance that the bacteria would. So in this sense my answer is
>yes.

        I've been freaking people out for years by eating raw meat. What they
don't realize is that the over cooked blackened meat they are eating is
about as digestible as shoe leather so they often say "Oh I can't eat much
meat because it makes me nauseous". They might as well be licking a car
exhaust pipe.

>> I have read that this type of meat is very healthful. (with lots of
>> bacteria in it)
>

>> How do you store your meat? Do you cover it in the fridge or let it
>> air in the fridge?
>
>I prefer it uncovered with the air allowed to circulate around it.
>However I have gotten complaints from the people who I share the
>refrigerator with so until I can get my own I store it covered.

        I always ask the incredulous why they don't see animals like bears and
such getting "food poisoning" when they regularly eat food that is stored
unrefrigerated?
        It reminds me of some current HG's in Brazil. They now have to take three
weeks to hunt for food that used to take two days to acquire. They eat this
three week old meat without refrigeration in the sweltering jungle by
brushing the mass of accumulated maggots away from the meat. Food poisoning
isn't usually the result.

Dave