Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:39:26 -0400
-----------------------------

Hi Todd ,
I've been following your reports of frustration with fat loss.  I think that
you could get great results by doing 20-30 minutes of weight training 2x a
week along with 3 (20 minute) sesions of High Intensity Interval Aerobics.
This style of aerobics is not like long, slow low-intensity aerobics.
Instead, you cycle up and down in intensity---which gets your heart rate and
metabolism up and creates more of an afterburn (after you stop).  You want
to avoid eating for one hour after doing High Intensity Interval Aerobics.
When I've done this type of aerobic workout I've found that I sweat more,
feel more energized, and get more out of a workout than when I do low
intensity aerobics.  You don't have to do it a lot nor a long time to get
the benefits.

You might want to check out Bill Phillips site <www.bodyforlife.com>,  his
brother Shawn Phillips wrote an article a couple of years back on High
Intensity Interval Aerobics.  You could probably ask them to locate it for
you.   Btw:  Bill Phillips food plan can be made paleo (by choosing your
carb sources wisely).  You might find it easier to lose the excess body fat
by eating slightly more carbs (from fibrous veggies and low glycemic fruits)
and eating smaller protein and carb (vegetable or vegetable + fruit) meals
throughout the day.

Also, you may find that eating less fat (like Phillip Thrift did/does)
helps.  It is very EASY to over do the fat and increase your body fat, even
when going low in carbs (unless you have a very high metabolism).  There are
some experts who believe that leaner meat is/was more the norm for paleo man
and that nuts were  not eaten in large amounts.  Besides, nuts were not as
abundant in the past (even earlier in this century) as they are now.
Shelling nuts takes time and many are rotten or shriveled up when you get
the shell off.  It was through advanced technology that we got bigger, oiler
nuts and were able to buy them out of the shell.  If you've ever shelled
pinion nuts (pine nuts) with your teeth, you know that it takes a while to
do and you are not as apt to eat as many of them...compared to when you buy
them shelled.

Hope this helps,

Rachel