From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:14:55 +1100
At 20:56 -0500 7/12/02, Keith Thomas wrote:

>This is what we in Australia call 'snow peas', 'snap peas' or 'sugar-snap
>Can anyone help:  I'm interested only in the broad macronutrient (protein,
>fat, carbs, fibre) composition of 100g or similar significant quantity

Snow peas and sugar snap peas are quite different. Sugar Snaps are a
cross between a snow pea and a normal pea. Sugar Snaps have edible pods
but much larger seeds than snow peas - almost the size of normal peas!

The ones you buy in Australia are snow peas. Here are a few pages I
found with a macronutrient breakdown for snow peas. None of the pages
look like a very reliable source, and all three sets of figures vary
wildly.

http://www.freshking.com/snowpeas/nutrition.htm
http://www.wholefoods.com/healthinfo/wholehealth/fd_pea.html
http://www.gnc.com/health_notes/Food_Guide/Snow_Peas.htm

I would be inclined to sanity check these figures against green beans
from the USDA database:
http://www.juggernaut.com.au/food/index.php?f=beans+%2Bgreen&n=11052

Hth.

 ...Richard.