From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:36:35 -0400
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 20:32:31 -1000, Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> > Amadeus:
>> However, i really tried many things for months and was willing to try
>> anything.
>
>Anything except a paleo diet with lots of animal foods, no? ;)
>
>Cheers,
>Kirt

Well Kirt, that was quite some years ago now and i wasn't thinking
about how
evolutionary diet might have been then.
At least i tried Wobenzym, which is made of animal glands.
If you have pain you'd probably try anything to avoid it.
I did so, until it worked. And Ray Audette did so, as Neanderthin
reports.

>From my knowledge of today i for shure would have tried an anti-inflammatory
diet (inflammation was the cluprit, which kept the pain alive).
This would have been
1) a prostaglandin-1 promoting diet (rich in efas and rich in omega-3
efa)
2) a allgergy weeding out diet
  i already avoided my known allergens: hazel, soy and meat
  and i would have tried to avoid other frequent allergens
  Particularly dairy, nuts , cereals, (and fish if i would have eaten
such)
  Possibly weeding out er4yt "wrong" food items.

BTW
As I've outlined before, i *don't* think that the paleo diet was
with lots of animal foods, as you suggest. Especially not red meat.
The "fat and meat" diet was possible only in small parts of the
paleolithicum and does not describe the paleolithic diet as a whole.

As we learn't from Loren Cordaine, red meat as it occurs in nature
(out of the arctis) is unsuitable for human consumption.
Because the protein amounts become toxic.

Cordaines original at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0008&L=paleodiet&P=416
My computation how much could have been eaten then at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0008&L=paleofood&P=R16050

Red meat can only be made suitable for human consumption by adding
*much*
isolated pure calories
- by low protein plants (but paleo plants are high in protein)
- or by isolated fat (which hardly occurs in a savannah).

Or by consuming agricultural meat like it is produced by feeding up
animals
unnaturally fat. Animals which would be lean otherwise.
>From 4% fat to 30% fat. From unedible to edible.

Is this paleo?

Amadeus Schmidt