Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:31:09 -0400
<<The converse seems to be
true: that the more estrogen we are exposed to from any source, the
more
obese we become. I've heard many times that obese women have more
signs of
overproduction of estrogen, i.e., difficult periods, lots of PMS,
endometriosis, cysts, etc. I think this is not cause and effect as
much as
a general lack of metabolic health, loused-up pancreatic function,
etc.,
which causes all the above. >>

I totally agree with your hypotheseis on this, Ginny.  Sadl, medical
science
knows far too little about these things.  I went to the site listed by
Dori - the little child who has been removed from her family.  It
triggered
the full manifestation of my sense of outrage and hopelessness
regarding
mainstream medicine today.  The arrogance and egocentrism of the
doctor in
this case (as well as the state workers) is appalling.  This is a
child who
very obviously has had a problem since birth (1st treated at 2 mos. of
age
for obesity) yet, their tests show no malfunction in her system.  So,
they
take a stab in the dark, provide numerous diets, most of which have
been
complete failures, and then ultimately scapegoat the family.  How much
do
you want to bet they are treating her cited 'breathing problem' with
steroids?

I feel so helpless...

Siobhan