Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:26:50 EST
In a message dated 12/31/2005 12:49:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Wow  thanks for posting this- I've been looking for ages for proof
that it is  possible to be diabetic and live symptom-free.  The
standard thinking  seems to be that once you have diabetes you just
have to start waiting for  things to start dropping off.  I just
couldn't believe  this.

Yes, you can control your BG levels  on a very low CH diet but usually
(especially at my age) some medication is necessary. If you start the low CH  diet
when you first develop diabetes you can control it without medication for
quite a few years. I am 77 and use insulin for my control. I use insulin because
it is natural to the body and gives you very good control.

JerrySteg. .