From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:53:18 -0800
On Dec 16, 2006, at 7:10 PM, michael raiti wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have recently (the past week or so) started
> experimenting with eating raw meat.  Most of it is
> locally-raised grass-fed beef.  If any of you eat raw
> meat on a regular basis I am interested in reading
> about your experiences, what you have learned in
> incorporating it appropriately into your diet,
> problems that you ran into, etc.

No problems here; I eat grassfed organic beef, pasture-raised lamb,
and a few other things. I very lightly cook, just on the outside,
pastured pork and free-range chicken. I eat sushi grade fish raw, but
no other. I eat a lot of beef and lamb organs, just heated through.

I find that I have a real craving for raw meat, that it tastes very
sweet and satisfying, even more so than cooked. It has a definite
stop that I find lacking in cooked. I have not given any particular
thought to incorporating it - I just want to eat it. I eat meat,
vegetables and fruit, heavy on the meat and fat, but small portions.
I've been doing raw seriously for six years or so, and sneaking it
all my life. I've never gotten ill from it that I can identify.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!