Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 11:17:02 -0600
Jim Swayze wrote:

>>> William
>>>

> It seems to me that Satan with him temptation of Eve and Adam in the
> Garden brought about the Neolithic.  Until that point God provided all
> mankind needed.
>
> Jim

I see it the other way around.  Developing religion/God myths (men
deceiving for power) placed limits on human potential and natural
resources, otherwise man could become "like the gods".  When man ignores
these artifical limits (accepts his natural place in life - which men
denigrated as satanic) and partakes of all life has to offer, he lives
best and most fully and becomes, as the myth says, "Like one of US".

I'm of the mind that transhumanism or more narrowly extropianism and
posthumanism is the natural progression of man's growth and development.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

Paleo eating is for me the most natural way to optimum health while
transhumanism offers improvements, however achieved, upon what nature
created naturally.  Consequently, I add supplements, life extension
drugs, technological enhancements (hearing aids, eye glasses, central
heating, gene therapy, prosthetics, etc) to paleo as the best and most
pragmatic way to a long and enjoyable life.

Steve