From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:33:34 -0800
Hi Binnie and everybody,
Regarding a Paleosoup, I found a lot of San Cocho recipes doing a search.
The one I used to eat when I lived in South America was San Cocho de
Gallina or essentially a chicken soup with vegetables: featuring yucca and
platano but you can add any paleovegetable and a lot of cilantro or
coriander. The soup is all natural and if you do a search you will see that
it can be made with any meat.
Also, another soup that is almost-paleo is Pho, the national soup of
Vietnam. When I searched pho I found that it can be made with any meat
(life is like pho, you never know what you're going to get...) and it also
features cilantro as the flavouring ingredient. I add rice noodles for the
nonpaleo members of my family but omit them for myself. Soups are great for
paleodieters as long as you make your own stock.
As for fish, it is much better raw especially tuna. There is a place around
here where you can buy it flash frozen to kill all the microorganisms.
Lately I made some delicious fish pemmican.

All the best,
Susan
BC Canada