From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:33:47 -0400
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:21:11 -0400, Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a crystal mineral salt ...

Thanks to that discussion I've identified now a potential dangerous
aluminum source - such a crystal stick I was using up to now.
Would be nice to know annother "crystal" type stick without alu. if
it exists??

>... It works great on odor but does not prevent
>sweating.

I used to make my own deodorant (before stick time) in the following
style.
I used alcohol - adjusted to about 50% vol. Cosmetical qualities are
available over here, which are cheaper. I think the alcohol isn't
a real working ingredient, more of a medium to make a solution with:

Natural grown salvia oil ("Salbeioel" a kitchen herb).
This oil can actually reduce sweating.
It tastes not sooo good, but tolerable. It works.
Some other etherical oils i include(d) are:
Lemon oil (tastes very good and helps against the bacteria growth which
produces the bad smell)
and rosemary oil (ditto).

There's also some kind of additional "smell absorber" available
to mix into such a deo.

Well, I think I'll go back to my home made deo (used as a spray or roll-on)
or to powders.

regards

Amadeus S.