From:
Bob Hodgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:48:07 -0500
Hi:

This month marks two years since I started the Paleo Diet.  I have lost 50
lbs and kept it off easily.  My cholesterol is 144.  I feel great!  My
wife, Karen, who has been on the diet to, has gotten off her allergy and
high blood pressure medications.  The diet has changed our lives.

People we know have marveled at the change.  But when we try to explain the
diet their eyes glaze over.  We find most people have a hard time
understanding the diet.  Very few people buy into it.  I’ve often wondered
why.

Perhaps it’s because the food we eat is such a big part of our culture,
economy, politics, and religion.  When you begin to question society’s
basic assumptions about food everything else is up for grabs.  Most people
are uncomfortable with this.

In public places we see countless people our age who are morbidly obese,
arthritic, or visibly in poor health.  In the supermarket check out lines
we see them buying pasta and pastry.  In restaurants we see them at the
next table piling on the bread and corn.  It’s tragic.  With the right
information these people could be healthy and live longer happier lives.
It’s too bad they won’t get that information from their doctors or the
government.

I keep trying to spread the word.  I’ve given away seven or eight copies
of  the paperback “Neanderthin.”  I feel like a paleo-evangelist.  Should I
start wearing a “W W R D” wristband? (What Would Ray Do?)

Today, I’ll celebrate two years on the diet by spending time with my family
and be glad I found out about the Paleo Diet before it was too late.

take care,

Bob