From:
Valerie Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:04:02 -0500
So, I've been Paleo (modified) for 2 1/2 days now.  Dori Zook told me to
stop planning and worrying and just do it.  So I did.  Thank you, Dori!!

Anyway, for right now I am keeping cheese in my diet.  That's what I mean
by modified.  The presence of cheese is making loss of the refined carbs
much, much easier.  I have been eating salads with meat and olive oil,
omelettes, chicken, and organ meats, and a pear.

What I'm wondering is, how do I avoid going into ketosis, and how do I know
if I accidentally did?  I really don't want to!  Ketosis is not the goal of
this change for me.

Also, can I eat too much protein, either at one time or in separate meals?
It seems like I'm hungry a lot right now.  I'm just trying to make sure I
wait at least 3 hours after the last meal before I eat again.

VAL
Valerie Goldstein
Department of Sociology
512/232-6302