From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:50:10 -0600
Christi Hrab wrote:

> .I am wondering
> if anyone knows....does oranges just mean oranges or does that mean to
> avoid all citrus fruit?  What about citric acid in foods? What about
> vitamin C supplementation?  Any links that might help????  Please?????

You should be able to find charts of the families of food plants.
I'm sure it's on the web somewhere... I have a book "Hidden Food
Allergies" by Stephen Astor which has an extensive chart.

If you're suspicious of all citrus, for example, eliminate it for 2 weeks,
then add back a serving of grapefruit, for example, and see if symptoms
show up.  Same for onions wrt garlic, or other plant families.

> Also, I tried the neanderthin mayo recipe (original book) tonight because
> John's number one condiment (catsup, then bbq) is out and mayo processed
> has soy in it ....and I guess I am not sure what is should taste like,
> but it tasted very olivey to me (yes, I know its made with olive
> oil)....I guess I was hoping more for a salad dressing flavor. If anyone
> knows of a recipe that I might be able to replicate that would taste like
> "Miracle Whip", please let me know.....

Two solutions: 1. use "lite" olive oil; this will taste neutral (of course
it's
not quite as good for you).  2. You will get used to the "olivey" flavor
(I have) and find it delicious.  Miracle Whip probably has a lot of sugar
in it too...

>  but getting there looks like the steepest hill ever right now

step by step you can climb the steepest hill.  Once you're accustomed
to eating real food, you won't want to go back.
Good luck!

Lynnet