From:
"Scalise, David G SrA USAF ANG 146 SFS/SP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:47:30 -0500
I am relatively new to the Paleo diet. I have been into nutrition and fitness for several years.  In total I have lost 106 pounds in the past 10 years.  For quite a while I was a vegetarian, however wasn't feeling all to well considering I am extremely active and took in very low amounts of protein.

Having switched to the Paleo diet I notice I am not as bloated as I was when I was eating grains, breads and pastas.  However, do all people on the Paleo diet NEVER eat bread.  It would be nice to have a turkey burger with an actually bun every now again....

It seems difficult to live like a "caveman" considering everything around us requires some sort of carbohydrate accompaniment.  Does anyone have an words of encouragement, am I on the write track?  Just kinda hard to believe I will NEVER have a bowl of oatmeal or cheerios ever again.

Do people on the Paleo diet cheat?

Thanks

David