From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:40:45 -0500
Greetings, Paleofolk,

Inspired by Todd, and others, I have decided to do the Anchell diet
(adapted paleo style - starchless) and to kick it off, I will begin
with a
week-long (or longer if it goes well) all-meat/ water fast.

This idea appeals to me because thinking in terms of a "fast" has more
weight (for me) to begin this foray. Besides, since the idea came up
here,
I have been pondering the notion and I have decided to go for it. Call
me
the official guinea pig.

Like many others of you,  I have gone through various levels of
low-carb
and Paleo. I have lost over 40 lbs. since I was doing SAD, (5 years
ago)
and pretty much plateaued here, with another 30 to go. I gained the
weight
because of a serious carb addiction (and I do mean *addiction*!) I
have
been slipping and sliding around a bit on the Paleo scale last couple
months (unPaleo and high carb) and have gained back 10 of the original
40 lbs.

I am planning to stay with the Anchell plan (or at least strict low
carb
Paleo) for 5 months -  from today, until Feb 18 (my birthday). I will
be
47. I will also then be at my ideal weight (she says confidently).

Anchell promises a loss of 8 lbs a month, so there are my 40lbs (5moX
8lbs
per mo)!! We will just see if he delivers on that promise...

If anyone is interested, I will post my progress. I will be weighing
and
measuring myself on a weekly basis. I am doing a daily journal as well
so
as not miss any patterns that may develop.

Louise