From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:36:49 -0700
I try to take my own food to work: paleo chili or soup, my own chef salads in
summer,
stirfry with veggies and lotsa meat and no rice; snacks are harder: nuts or
nut butter,
apples or other low-glycemic fruits.

If I have to eat at the cafeteria, I sometimes get salad and deli meat (both
of which we
can buy by the ounce); sometimes I get the meat dish and ask for more veggies
instead
of the potatoes.  I've sometimes gotten hamburgers and ditched the buns.
Roasted
chicken and vegetables is nice.  I have a friend who is low-carbing but not
paleo, and
he orders regular meals and leaves out almost all the carbs, just as a matter
of course.
He has been slowly losing weight (he was quite heavy), and not really
changing his
regular food choices all that much.

    Lynnet