From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:43:59 -0800
Mary wrote:

> My autoimmune conditions, arthritis in particular,
> stopped as soon as I got
> off of non paleo foods.

Here's another way to look at it.

If you started eating non-paleo foods again, do you
think your arthritis symptoms would return? Probably.
It's not because you've "cured" your arthritis -
you've simply altered the environment in which your
arthritis flourished. In essence, you've "alleviated"
your symptoms, but the "damage" has already been done.

I don't have arthritis, and I hope I never get it. To
this end I am avoiding a likely "cause" for the damage
- certain foods. However, I can't entirely dismiss the
possibility of genetic or other links, which is why I
"hope" I never get it.

I do have a similar situation to yours, however. I
have been prone to sinus problems and infections all
my life (to the point I had to have surgery a few
years ago to remove a jungle of polyps). I find that
milk and wheat are the big culprits for me, so I avoid
them. However, I know that much damage has already
been done. Therefore, I cannot consider myself
"cured" - just lucky it hasn't gotten worse.

IMHO, you have to tread very, very lightly when
speaking of cures.