From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:10:27 +0200
At 21:19 2000-07-25 -0400, Siobhan wrote:

>I have to question the wisdom of this.  McDonald's and other commercial fast
>food places use a grade of beef rated one grade below commercial animal
>food.

Funny you state this. I have got the impression that they use a good
standard grade of meat. At least in Europe. Are you really sure???
And another question? What makes beef be rated lower? Old? Bad handling?
Lots of fat? Or is it just that it is not the "best" cuts. If it is that
some organs happen to be mixed in, it might even make it more nutritious!
I very often buy ground moose meat. Once I asked for the same meat, but not
ground! Surely not the most beautiful cuts, but with lots of other parts
than muscles. But everything on a moose is edible! And also on a cow.

- Hans