From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:03:32 +0100
On Aug 18, 2005, at 3:44 pm, Dan Davis wrote:

> My experience with a fasting/feasting schedule has actually
> improved my
> craving resistance. Typically, if I eat breakfast, I find myself
> hungry by
> lunchtime or famished by dinner... with cravings to match. If I
> fast all day
> until dinner time, I have almost zero cravings and any cravings I do
> experience are slight and easily manageable. And, FWIW, my energy
> levels
> throughout the day remain high since switching to this fasting/
> feasting
> schedule. When eating throughout the day, I often found myself
> dragging by
> midday. The only thing I have to be careful about is getting enough
> to eat
> at dinner time... it wouldn't do well for my body to go into a
> starvation
> mode and ruin my results to date.
>
> -dan

I'm another fast&feast type.  Due (I suspect) to adrenal fatigue, I
have good days and bad.  Today was a good day for me- I had
absolutely no desire to eat until about 3pm.  I was quite hungry when
I got home just, but I managed quite well.  I find the worst thing I
can do is snack in the day.  My body is now used to 1500 calories at
a time or nothing.   Snacking seems to gear my stomach up for a big
meal that never arrives.  I just don't get these people that manage
to spread a bad of sweets out over a whole day!

One of the most surprising things I've found is that after a day of
total fasting, the next day I can manage without food much easier.
Perhaps this is because my metabolism slows down.  I sometimes wonder
if I'd actually find alternate-day feeding *easier* than once-daily
feeding.

I think it was someone here that said "I find abstinence easier than
moderation".  Describes me to a tee!

Ashley