From:
Petra-neferu-nu-nebt-s <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 22:15:31 -0600
> Also, regarding potassium, I was thinking to myself and realizing that in
> McDuck hamburger, and fries, there has to be a ton of sodium, at least as
> much as in the Oscar Meyer and/or health food store bacon, wouldn't you
> think? However, I would like to give them some potassium to balance out
the
> high sodium.

        I think that people are much too afraid of salt these days. The
most recent study shows that salt intake has little to no correlation
with blood pressure. I can verify this from personal experience, as I
take 9 capsules of salt a day, in an effort to increase my very low
blood pressure, due to neurally mediated hypotension. My BP has not risen
significantly, and my blood tests show that my salt levels are still
low. I also take a potassium supplement to counter sodium-leaching. I'd
be *alot* more worried about sugar content than salt.

        What I am worried about is that I may not be getting appropriate
levels of essential nutirnets on the Paleo diet. Also, my creatinin and
B.U.N. levels are up, which is supposedly a result of a high-protein
diet. Has anyone else experienced the latter symptom?

Pam