From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:42:14 -0800
Coffee had the same effect on my oldest son who was diagnosed as hyper
active Not ADD or ADDH, ritalin does on other children. The Drs and
teachers all wanted him on ritalin. I of course refused.  I just gave him
sips of coffee through out the day, in his lunch box he had coffee and
milk (not paleo back then) in his thermos. At night he had a calcium
tablet that helped him sleep.  If I stopped the coffee, he would have
outbursts of fits, like a normal 2 year old would.  By the time he
reached age 10, he had outgrown his hyperactivity.  He was always in the
gifted classes, a full year younger than his classmates, personality
wise, he was harder to get a long with and more immature than his
classmates due to the age difference.  Teachers were frustrated because
they always had to keep him mentally stimulated.  He was reading by age
2, I KID YOU NOT!!  Chapter books by age 4, He taught himself sign
language from a library book we checked out at age 3 1/2, he knew his
times tables up to 12 by age 6.  He was in calculous by age 10. As I
said, by age 10, he mellowed out. He still gets straight A's and is still
in the gifted program.  Will probably  head to  Cal Poly or Harvard,
maybe Yale. He graduates high school this year and has received offers
from many Universities. It can be done without drugs, it just depends on
how much suffering a parent is willing to go threw in dealing with a
hyperactive child. I also understand this is different from ADD and ADDH,
so no need to compare this to Todd child.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.