From:
toni mettler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:22:17 -0700
>It seems to me there is a giant difference between eating and compulsive
>eating. Some are interested in what to eat and some what not to eat This
>list
>concerns paleo eating, for the most part, whatever that is. To look at
>eating
>as an addictive behaviour is a narrower rather than a wider perspective.

There is a giant difference, and this list is not geared toward the
psychology of addictive eating.  The messages prior to my involvement were,
in fact, geared toward what was called "emotional eating" and therefore
looking at it from many different angles including but not limited to
sugar-as-an-addictive-substance is a wider perspective.

I agree that this list is not the most appropriate place for this
discussion.  I entered the chain in its latter stages.  As I said before, I
was merely trying to enlighten those around me.  Take it or leave it.  Do
the research and homework if you care to or not.  My only request is that
one does not make generalizations regarding other people's mental health and
behavors surrounding it without full knowledge.

with regards, toni