Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:08:08 -0800
<<I tried getting one of my friends to eat paleo for a
week.  Normally, he eats loads of grains and dairy
(his parents do too).  He felt absolutely horrible on
the paleo diet.  This tells me that his genes are
actually better suited to a grain and dairy based
diet.  Or do u think that he should continue to eat
paleo even though his body is telling him not to?>>

Like the teen in the post that started this, I too
felt worse for a period of time after starting this
diet.  I was very tired, lethargic, headachy...  I was
told that if I was tired that I was not getting enough
fat in my diet.  I increased it and that part of my
*problem* with paleo went away.  After a few weeks the
rest of the stuff disappeared also.  I think that the
problem lies in the fact that we, especially in the
States, expect instant results from whatever we do.
This WOE is not a cure-all, but I think it deserves
some time to see if it really helps.
Jane