From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:51:03 -0500
"When I was taking flying lessons years ago, the tower once told me
to cross one runway we were stopped short of and proceed to the next
one.  I goosed the engine and started across.  My instructor pushed
on the breaks and stopped us and asked me what I was doing.  I
said, “'The tower told me to proceed to runway 15L.'”  My instructor
said, '“Yes, but you didn’t look for traffic coming in on runway 15R
(the runway we had to cross) before proceeding.  Here’'s what you’ve
got to learn.  If the pilot make a mistake, the pilot dies; if the
control tower makes a mistake, the pilot dies.  Always check for
yourself.”'

Sobering words, but ones I remember.  The same applies to diet.
Don’t let Time magazine or anyone else tell you what to do.  It’s
your life.  Don’t bet it heedlessly."