From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:43:18 -0700
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:04:04 -0700, Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> "Early signs of magnesium deficiency include loss of appetite, nausea,
> vomiting, fatigue, and weakness. As magnesium deficiency worsens,

That sounds like acute Mg deficiency.  From widespread experience, chronic
symptoms that are commonly experienced are leg cramps, restless legs,
and constipation.  You can apply magnesium oil (saturated solution
of magnesium chloride) to a cramping leg or restless legs, and
in 20 minutes or so, the problem will go away.  I wish I'd known
that years ago, would have gotten a lot more sleep.

> I don't have any of those symptoms other than a faster heartbeat, so
> maybe magnesium isn't the issue either?  Also note that they say low
> magnesium can cause low calcium (maybe that's why they make
> calcium/magnesium supplements?), and is associated with low potassium.

Well, if you get an oversupply of calcium relative to magnesium,
you will tend to get the above symptoms.  I used to get leg cramps
after I had eaten ice cream or cheese, due to the calcium overload.

I do better supplementing much more mag than calcium.  I don't take
those CalMag supplements because the calcium ratio is too high
for me.  Instead of 2:1, I use about 3:8.

	Lynnet