From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:35:17 +0100
I sympathise re your mention of antibiotics. I had a nasty experience with antibiotics too. They totally destroy the gut flora - far better to add good bacteria to counter any bad bacteria. Since you are  may well be uninterested in the rawpalaeo approach, I would like to suggest the consumption of "Effective Microorganisms"(EM products)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_microorganism

 instead. They're a bit difficult to set up, but, once the batches/cultures get started, it's a very cheap way to get extra bacteria. I will admit to never having tried the stuff as I didn't need it, being on a raw,palaeolithic diet, but many people who follow semi-raw Weston-Price-type diets swear by the stuff.

I would suggest omitting all the dairy, in the meantime.

Geoff.