Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 14:27:50 -0700
Mary wrote:

> Dear Paleofolk,
>
> There are fresh chicken livers at Whole Foods in Los Gatos. I requested
that> chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, etc. from Whole Foods.
>            *******************************
Tuna:
I bought the least expensive water-packed tuna..whatever was on sale, by
the case, at Safeway. The cat loved it and it was cheaper than any cat
food. [The cat would not go near the oil-packed tuna...would gag and
stagger away..high drama]. I offered dry cat food available all the time
in dish. She also shared in any table food she wanted. Loved fish. Loved
sunflower seeds. Loved home-made juice popsicles in hot weather..{a lick
for you a lick for me}.

Chopped Liver:

1.  Wash ch livers in cold water and remove any excess membranes.
Saute chicken livers in butter or chicken fat or olive oil..not too
long..just till tender and cooked thru. [Get tough if overcooked]

2.  Chop ch livers to a medium chop [by hand..machine makes too smeary]

3.  Add chopped onion ...depending on amount of ch livers..just
enough        for taste.

4.  Add clove{s} mashed/squeezed  garlic, salt, pepper

5.  **OPTIONAL**  add 1-2 chopped hard boiled eggs.

6.  Mix in chicken fat [schmaltz] or Best Foods Mayonnaise..enough to
hold ch livers together and make a 'spread'.

7.  Chill several hours before serving. Can dress with a little chopped
parsley or green onion. Serve as is with cucumbers, green onion etc. Or
as a spread with crackers.