From:
Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:51:32 EST
Just follow your nose:

I would bet that most humans presented with the smell of fire roasted meat or
raw meat would find the cooked variety will make their mouth water. No, I did
not do double blind studies or read an experiment of this sort, just personal
experience.

We are simply another species of animal, and as animals have instincts, find
specific foods tasty and specific sites attractive. All this has been wired
into our brains by millions of hears of evolution.  It is not that cooked
meat actually smells good, but it is that we have receptors in our brain that
find the molecules of cooked meat appealing. (whatever the molecules are).

So just follow your nose, I bet it will lead you to cooked meat.

Alex