From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:57:17 -0400

> > The eggs I eat are from Burnbrae farms in Ontario ;

I buy these Burnbrae eggs too.  Two years ago I drove to Weber farms near
Owen Sound (they are on the Eatwild.com list for Ontario).  I bought a grass
fed side of beef and got some of his eggs.  They are from pastured chickens.
They run around on the grass (with netting around them to prevent them from
being eaten) and eat bugs and leaves and he supplements with some grain.
The eggs were delicious with dark yolks but what I really noticed was how
hard the shells were.  Like rocks.  Once you try them you notice how fragile
store bought eggs (including Burnbrae Omega 3 eggs) are.  Ken