From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:12:41 -0500
When I used to eat the store bought nuts, I'd have the never ending craving
for them. Especially pistachios, and cashews. These were usually roasted and
salted, or whatever they do to them before packaging and selling them.

After going paleo I began buying only raw nuts in their shells. I crack them
all at once prior to eating. So for instance if I'm having some pecans, I'll
throw in about an ounce worth, which I've learned to judge, crack all the
shells through the bag, then pick the meats out and place them in a dish. I
find that I have almost no craving for raw nuts. I eat them if I'm hungry
and need something of substance rather than fruit, but otherwise it is
nothing like the feeling I used to have. It feels like it's harder to
chew/digest the raw nuts than the salted ones you buy at the store.