From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 02:38:22 -0600
From: Amadeus .
> Thinking historically, it looks that the human animal like any primate and
> most mammals *is* designed to live heavily on carbohydrates for energy.
> And this applies to all times after mammals grew bigger than a tiny mouse.
> Many millions of years in rainwood. As well as any savannah time.

Even Orangutans in the rain forest don't eat a high carb diet for most of
every year.  Recent studies ( see International Journal of Primatology
citation in bibliography on my web site) have shown that they are in ketosis
for at least half of every year when high-carb fruits are not in season.  In
regions that had a temperate climate during the Pleistocene ( many of which
are tropical today )this effect would be even more pronounced.  Several
recent bone isotope studies have confirmed that early Homos ate a
predominately meat and animal fat diet.

For more on the advantages of a Paleolithic meat based over a plant based
diet read:

Mark Cohen and G.J. Armelos
"Paleopathology at the Origins of Agriculture"
New York: Academic Press, 1984

This book describes how to differentiate a Neolithic grave site from a
Paleolithic site by the evidence of degenerative disease found in people who
eat the diet you advocate.  I hope this gets you to eat meat - a billion
pig's lives are dependent on our eating bacon.  Please don't make "Babe"
extinct!  ( Pardon my dig on the eating disorder known in the U.S. as Bambi
Syndrome ).

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com