From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:52:49 -0400
I remember this well. From a post I wrote early in the year:

1. green tea and tea in general does seem to have a lot of fluoride in it,
but what really counts is how much an infusion gets and how much of that is
bioavailable.

2. a cup of green tea has perhaps .1mg to .3mg (depending upon who you ask),
with .3mg being the safer bet if you are concerned about this as it is the
higher figure in one study.

3. including calcium ingestion with your fluoride (or green tea) reduces
bioavailability of fluoride significantly. There is a reference to boiling
tea with milk, as they are said to do in India, and that reduces
bioavailability of the fluoride.

4. Drinking water that is fluoridated may contain perhaps .1mg of fluoride
per serving. If you make your tea from fluoridated water, of course, you'll
get even more.

--Richard